Caretaker Cabin Planning & Packing
The “Caretaker Cabin” is getting a new room built, so groups of 4 people can rent the cabin this winter!
This cabin is 260ft² downstairs with a 100ft² ladder accessed upstairs & solar powered lights throughout.
The property is located in Retallack (halfway between New Denver & Kaslo)
Please Note: NO dogs, fireworks or outdoor campfires
Only groups that rent all 3 cabins can bring their dog.
Sorry…but the neighbor’s dog barks non-stop if there’s a new dog at the property, so bringing your dog could be very disturbing for guests in my other 2 cabins. This cabin is also too small for 4 people + a dog. To motivate people to follow the rules, a dogowner that just shows up with a dog will be asked to leave without a refund.
If you need more reasons: I was attacked by a dog in July, resulting in a 1 month injury & my own dog is also at the property sometimes.
- There is no cell service or wi-fi at the property, 15 minute drive to cell service
- There is parking provided at the bottom of the driveway & usually requires a 2 minute walk upto the cabin. There is a tobaggan for hauling stuff up/down. Depending on snow conditions it maybe possible for 4wd to drive closer
- Caretaker cabin guests cannot use the sauna (because its located beside Hazel Hut & reserved for those groups)
THIS IS WHAT IS PROVIDED:
- dishes, utensils, 4 burner propane stove/oven, dish soap
- hand-sani, cleaning & sanitizing supplies
- mattresses for 4 people & 4 pillows (bring your own pillowcases)
- solar powered lights
- year round water tap located outside the cabin, (if water freezes you will be notified before arrival to bring water/melt snow)
- parking for 2 vehicles, please carpool or if you need to bring 3 vehicles it may require a bit of shoveling
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- bring your own sleeping bags & pillowcases
- slippers or hut booties, the floor can be cold on arrival
- maps & the information you need about the area
- cooler & dishtowels
- matches or lighter (because cabin matches often go missing)
- communication device in case of emergency
- battery pack/charger for your cell phones & devices (there’s no electricity)