Please do NOT try to book nights on the calendar (it is not setup), please email: email@example.com and agree to the covid/cancelation policies before booking.
It’s a challenging time for cabin rentals, but I hope I can still provide a quiet, safe place for small groups to enjoy winter and nature. To keep the cabin open, I need to ask groups to follow the covid policies and make an extra effort to clean the cabin before leaving.
I waited until Dec 12 to accept winter bookings (to know the covid restrictions), that is why the calendars are almost empty. Due to these restrictions, I have temporarily reduced the rates to accomodate smaller groups.
Hazel Hut Rates during covid restrictions (2 night min):
Please Note: I can only offer 2 person bookings for Hazel Hut at the last minute to fill in nights that are not booked by larger groups. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a booking.
- 6 people: $200/night (not available until the BC covid restrictions are lifted)
- 4 people: $140/night
- 2 people: $70/night
Tiny Cabin Rates:
- 2 people: $60/night
- 3 people: $90/night
At the time of booking, there will be a checklist to agree to the covid policies:
- no guests who have travelled on flights in the last 14 days
- no guests that are sick or have cold or flu symptoms
- confirm the group members live in the same household or core bubble such as roomates, couples and families.
- agree to travel straight to/from the cabin without shopping and visiting people along the way
- Sorry but NO dogs on the property and NO saunas.
- Caretaker needs to sanitize & air out the cabin between each group, so please agree to check out by 11am and wait until 3pm to check in
- NO refunds, if you need to cancel for any reason such as getting sick or injured, more covid travel restrictions etc then please be prepared to fill your spot. I already waited until Dec to accept bookings to minimize covid cancelations & I’m not asking people to book in advance.
- If there is a covid lockdown, the policy is 50% refund (not 100% refund & NO date changes).
If YOU WANT to book certain dates in advance, please plan ahead & split up the cost of the cabin rental between your group members at the time of booking, so the loss/person is very small. If you don’t agree with this policy, please don’t book the cabin in advance. It is very low profit and takes much time to communicate with groups, accept payments and process refunds.
What to bring:
Bring your own sleeping bags, pillows, dishtowels and slippers. All of the bedding and pillows have been removed from the cabin, all of the books, cards, board games, spices, slippers have also been removed. There are less dishes in the cabin this year & no baking sheets or pans, no coffee maker. (This is because many groups are not cleaning those items properly). YES there IS enough dishes, pots and pans, cutlery for a group of 4-6 people.
There are 3 sets of LED lights in the cabin that are USB powered, please bring battery pack (cell phone chargers) etc to power these USB lights which highly improve the lighting. The 2 propane lights in the cabin only light up small areas.
Recreation: Hazel Hut provides accommodation only. If you are planning backcountry activities such as hiking, mountainbiking, skitouring etc please bring your own maps and research the area before arriving. All groups must be completely self-guided, self-navigate and self-rescue if needed. There may not be a caretaker on site to provide information or assistance.
Free detailed 1:24,000 maps that show all the roads in the area: www.caltopo.com
The gaia topo/caltopo map app is recommended on cell phones
Please Note: There is currently no sign on the highway for the cabin location, if you need directions please ask.
HAZEL HUT CALENDAR: please send e-transfer to email@example.com to book nights.
TINY CABIN CALENDAR: please send e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org to book nights